- Chairlady of Hong Kong English Teachers Support Association
- Author of Double R Phonics, Double R Booster, Double R Kids-Profession, Penguin Buddies
- Column Writer for GoodSchool (教育傳媒)
- Consultant for different schools
- Over 25 years of Teaching Experience in Band 1, 2, 3 Schools and Adult Section
- Honorary Consultant of Hong Kong Children Foundation
Vice chairlady of Hong Kong English Teachers Support Association
Over 30 years of teaching experience
- Panel Head of English Department in a band 1 school
- Master of Education (Curriculum Design and Management)
The expectations of the founders of Double R Amalgam
What is Double R Amalgam?
In today’s modern society, everyone has to compete against time every day; whether you go to work or are simply a student, we all have to race against time to rest and do things we enjoy. Many people spend their whole lives learning English, yet are still unable to confidently speak or write a complete English sentence. Thus, we as founders decided to defy this fate. We have developed a unique teaching methodology – “Double R integration Method”, which is aimed at native Cantonese or Mandarin speakers who face difficulties during their journey to learn English. “Double R Integration Method” empowers Chinese learners to easily pick up the language simply because we have:
(1) integrated our course curriculum, (2) integrated our teaching content, (3) integrated our learning methodology, (4) integrated our homework amount, (5) reorganised the elements of Chinese and English grammar, (6) integrated the different expressions within Chinese and English, (7) redesigned our teaching style, (8) restructured each student’s ability, and (9) reorganised the time spent on each grammatical item.
As such, not only will each student of Double R Integration Method truly be able to understand the realm of English and improve their English, but also allow them to have more personal time to properly enjoy their lives.
The Mission of Double R Amalgam
Double R integration method is a unique teaching method created by our two founders Ms. Rowena and Ms Rita. It is derived through their accumulated experiences of teaching English for many years, which have enabled them to have a professional understanding of the English language as well as the structural differences between English and Chinese. The aim of Double R integration method is to resolve the current situation in which people are (1) failing to understand and use the English language despite more than 10 years of learning, (2) failing to understand English newspapers or books despite learning many difficult words in English, or facing other similar issues. Through our passionate belief, we truly believe that Double R integration method will be able to assist any student hoping to raise their Language Quotient within a short period of time.
The Strengths of Double R Amalgam
Currently, a majority of books teaching English grammar are written and edited by native English teachers who don’t understand Chinese. Many of these first language teachers have difficulties in explaining some English grammar rules to non-native English-speaking students. As we all know, the process of learning a first language is very different from a second language learner’s. The former is a form of innate understanding, and does not need to undergo any language integration process. The latter, however, requires the brain to transform and interchange between the native language and the second language. Double R integration method thus places the learning focus onto the natural integration process that inevitably occurs when learning a language, which is to integrate the structural differences between English and their native tongue. Therefore, this allows students to understand the actual structural differences between their native tongue and English. After verification, our professional team have developed two sets that are tailored to the Chinese mindset – 《Double R Phonics》 and 《Double R grammar book》。Their distinctive characteristic is that they specifically target ‘learning blind spots’, allowing Chinese learners to easily overcome learning obstacles, and quickly improve their English ability.